In a logic of continuous analytical and methodological development, the will of attend and satisfy all kind of requests has brought CSI to acquire a suitable knowledge to face several kinds of troubleshootings.
Plastic materials, rubber and inorganic materials, are characterized about chemical, physical and mechanical profiles using:
• DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry) to determine melting points and glass transitions;
• FTIR (Fourier Transform InfraRed Spectroscopy) to identify the polymeric matrix;
• TGA (Thermogravimetric Analysis) to quantify additives, plasticizers and inorganic fillers;
• XRF (X-Ray Fluorescence) for elementary qualitative analysis;
• MFI (Melt Flow Index) for polymers viscosity;
• GPC (Gel Permeation Chromatography) to determine the distribution of molecular weights;
• GC and LC hyphenated with specific detectors to quantify additives;
• Tensile strenght, COF, peel strenght, seal strenght;
• Oxygen transmission rate (O2TR), water vapor transmission rate (WVTR), carbon dioxide transmission rate (CO2TR), and others gas or vapours, aromas and solvents;
• Biodegradability and compostability tests on several matrices;
• Resistance to chemical agents or substances (stress cracking).